Thursday, May 7, 2009

He's out :)

Faisal's been discharged from the hospital.

Today.

Ah, words cannot describe the absolute elation I feel to know that he's finally going to be on his feet in no time.

No more fluid filled vesicles on his face

No more spilled diluted blood on the floor

No more carrying the IV everywhere he goes

and most importantly

NO MORE SCREAMS OF PAIN

The first time I heard Faisal cry out was on the phone. He literally screamed, with all his might, with all torture infused in those cries.

My heart dropped.

Naturally, I thought of the worst case scenarios, cancer, stroke and other crap that pessimistic people are suppose to think.

But when the diagnosis came (after referring to several doctors mind you), it hit me like tumbling rocks.

Sinus thrombosis and infection from herpes zoster

or more in layman's term, a clot in the sinus area just behind his eye and shingles.

That was what had caused the pain, and I think I cried the first time Faisal was admitted into the hospital.

Do you know that feeling of being totally unhelpful, borderline useless?

Yes, that was EXACTLY what I felt at the time.

A mere first year medical student, who's barely passing her exams, trying to help her friend who could die.

It loomed over me for days.

So yeah, glad to have you back Cai.

And thanks so much for the several days of "belanja-ing"

Money's really low, so thanks again :)

No comments: