Thursday, April 1, 2010

P-P-Poker Face.

Today, so far... is not a good day.

I woke up this morning with the most overwhelming feeling of lethargy and malaise that just makes that little voice that lies deep in the core of your soul whisper...

Today is gonna be the first of the many days that you feel like you're gonna kill yourself but you can't cause

a) It contradicts with religion
b) You're the only child, so there's no substitute
c) You're just being melodramatic, so shut up and pull yourself together, woman!

Yes, even my inner voice is a bitch.

Anyway, due to my superb track record of updating my lblog, I probably did not mention anything about:
a) Exams
b) Talent Show
c) The embarrassing outcome of the aforementioned talent show.

Exams are around the corner, 12th of April to exact. Eleven more days and counting! I gotta pass this semester cause I seriously do not want to to stay for the summer. Why? Cause the longer I stay here, the more I'm reminded why I miss Malaysia, my family, my friends and yes, even the nosy relatives I have back home.

Note to nosy relative:
I'm sorry your son couldn't get into medical school with his 7A's and I got into one with 5A's, but hey, I can't depend on the government for everything.

So, if your son wanted a scholarship into medical school, didn't get one and so gave up his dream, suck it up and don't gripe about how I'm paying my way through.

Don't worry, the government gave up on me as well.


Talent Show!

Gah, pictures are popping out left and right from that ominous day, including infinite photos of me in now what's called "The Joker" lipstick, my Lady Gaga shades, and my big ass grin that took up the majority of the space on my face.

Oh, the shame, the absolute shame.
Bold
We got third by the way. The first was Timi's band, Rubu' Firah (literally means 1/4 Chicken), second was Jaja's band *who has an ah-may-zing voice btw* The Duo and coming in third, is me! Or my band, Malayzee Bas (means, Only Malaysians).

My friends, Hajar and Fatin were on keyboards and guitar respectively while Pika was the other vocalist. Oh, and like three bands shared the same drummer, Aniq. Seriously, you guys rock! And sorry for being overly bossy during practice sessions. I just wanted everyone to do their best :)

I sang a medley of Thinking of You, Poker Face and I Will Survive.

Man, that last song really got the crowd going. I'm not surprised after this, I'll be on PCM's watch list for committing "maksiat" of the highest degree. Even Dr. Dalia came up to me and said she wanted to dance along but couldn't for obvious reasons. So yeah, I made our Head Tutor want to dance, I should be given a Grammy... or at least money. I like money

Pika on the other hand sang Down by Jay Sean. The crowd even sang along with her, which was incredible. And all that weird dancing was caught on tape! Oh, I smell blackmail material in the air.

So it's official baby, we were born for the stage.

... And the operating room of course.
I keep forgetting we're gonna be doctors.

But at the end of the day, I made new friends and definitely some confidence even if my face was hidden behind the a stretch of red paint. I'd do it again next year, definitely.

Anyway, I gotta get going. Shower, then I'm gonna hit the books. See you when I see you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The shades were a nice touch :D