Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dear Love.

Dear Love,

Hey, it's me Nazeera.

I hope you're doing good. It's been ages since I've heard from you, maybe circa 2009 when you gave me a taste of your potent yet momentary venom that was fortunately cured by logic and rationale. Yes, you're quite the devilish one, aren't you?

Anyway, there's something I have to talk to you about. Well, I think I could well say that you probably saw this coming. Yeah, it's the talk. Why won't you take a seat? It may get a little winded.

First of all Love, I know it's your job to maintain some sort of balance of peace and serenity in this world. It's true, without you being in the picture, there's no way for harmony and tranquility to be achieved, but seriously, I think you take your job way too seriously. I see you everywhere nowadays, being whored out by the capitalistic business ventures that plague our superficial and exhibitionist society. I mean, selling yourself for 10 dollar roses and extravagantly priced chocolates? C'mon, you're better than that.

Another thing Love, why is it that when you're around, something else deteriorates? Yeah, you give everyone that butterfly fluttering effect in the pit of our stomachs and all, but is it necessary to effectively screw up other important aspects in people's lives like studies, work and friends? Why is that? Are you that conceited that you need to have all the attention to yourself? You need help, buddy.

Also, it's funny how you come and go so fast nowadays. I mean, one look between two longing pair of eyes and BOOM! there you are. However, by the first touch or third kiss, you're already on your merry way. Okay, perhaps it's not entirely your fault, perhaps your friends Infatuations and Lust are partly responsible. But you have to take control of the situation, don't let fake knock offs wear your mask. You have a reputation to maintain.

One thing I have to bring up is that the lack of diversity in your work. Young, fiery couples are not the only ones who are in need. Aging families, feuding siblings, Palestine and Israel, they all need your aid. They might not be as exhilarating as two in heat teenagers, but they're just as equally important. Hell, it's even more important. Have you seen how people switch partners nowadays, justifying themselves with mere illusions of you? Shameful.

Anyway Love, I know you're pretty busy so I'm gonna cut this short. Thanks for reading this seemingly inane letter, I really appreciate it. Hope you take heed of what I said and just chill once in a while. Take a break will you.

You don't make the world go round, you know.




P.S
Hope to hear from you real soon, I'm getting kind of lonely.

No comments: