Friday, April 16, 2010

This Week's Roundup.

I could honestly say, without a doubt, it felt like I lived a lifetime in one week.

It was a roller coaster of a ride, countless emotions flooding my head, planting an eternal seed that seems to have embedded itself within me.

Definitely, absolutely something I can write about in journals and put it in a box labelled

Things I Would Remind My Kids Again and Again
Why Their Mother was a Badass


So, what happened this week that turned me to an already exaggerated version of myself? *hint: total drama queen*. Well, I made a list!

Yay me.

One.
During Early Experience on Wednesday, a terminally ill, jaundice stricken patient who had an inoperable brain tumour died in the middle of class. He died slumped in his wife's arms and she started crying and screaming, stunning all of us.

Just earlier, the doctor teaching us had screamed at the dead man's family to stop coming in and out the room and told his young son that he could see his dad after the class.

I guess he never got the chance.

Two.
I'm a criminal. An utter shameless criminal.

I *along with a couple of people* stole some exam papers during the Mid Semester and I got caught. The head tutor even threatened to deduct marks and not send us lecture slides anymore.

Oh, yes, for once in my life, I felt total, body engulfing panic.

I even called my mum and told her "Forgive me if I don't come back for the summer"

Please don't let me die in this burning heat, Dr. Dalia.


However, thanks to a couple of other fellow thieves as well, we got together and apologized to Dr. Dalia. Let's just say, thanks to her graciousness, she let us off the hook with a warning as well as a reminder that the questions will not be repeated anymore hence, there's no point shredding papers anymore.

Well, good to know that I have reduced my chances of sitting for the summer exam. I have a track record and competition with my mother to think about.

Three.

I sang four songs; Yellow, Halo, Bad Romance and Mercy for college, again. It was for our Mansoura Manchester Art Gallery that was fortunately well received and showcased some of the best artwork and photographs I've seen.

Congratulations to the winners, Sherif and some-other-guy-who-was-not-Taqi as well as to Hadeer Soultan and Basim Helmy for coordinating the event. Hopefully, in about 4-5 years time, we can kick AUC's ass.

Oh, and thanks to Ahmed Yousry for playing the piano/keyboard. Hope you get your tuned, pitch perfect voice back man, I'm gonna wait for that day.

Four.

My friend has found a new boyfriend and they're in their honeymoon stage. I guess it doesn't really apply to me but I'm allowed to brood, right? She even changed her number so that it'll be cheaper to text him.

So, Baby and I decided to change our numbers too so that we can text each other.

What is that? I hear a nomination for The Most Pathetic Moment of 2010?

Total frontrunner.

Five.
I gave a presentation yesterday. Fairouz and I to be specific. About the "Epidemiology of Multiple Sclerosis". Fairouz was fantastic as usual.

I however, showed the world my ataxic gait and probably scared off every boy who thought I was remotely a lady.

Oh well.

Six.
Another thing that doesn't really apply to me but I think ought to have an ounce of empathy for this one.

It's about the lack of human rights that terrifyingly rampant in this one unspecified country. Back home in Malaysia, you hardly never see kids working a full time job, or your own people begging on the streets. And even that, we complain and moan about the lack of human rights and transparency that plague our government.

But hey, compared to atrocity that is unfurling before my eyes, Malaysia's living the life of luxury.

Corruption has left a widening gap between the filthy rich and disgustingly poor people. The most revolting part is how a country with so much Islamic values indoctrinated within them are inhumane savages who's creativity in inducing torture onto its people breaks every barrier of cruelty and monstrous barbarism.

God have mercy on your souls.

Anyway, I have to go perform my duties to God now. Also, I have a crapload of work to complete, being the eager person who wants to go back and hug her bag *and family and friends* ... I gotta start now!

See you people

No comments: