Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My first (not quite) Oscar!

Here are some rules to accept the award:

Thank and link the person who gave you the award.
Pass this award to 15 bloggers you
recently discovered.

Contact the blogger and tell them they've won the award.

State seven things about yourself.


I was tagged by Kak Nadia!
I haven't done one of these things in a while, so I'm pretty stoked do the whole "Things You Should Know/Never Knew About Me" list.

Another chance to brag about/embarrass myself. Yippee.

7 Things
You Never Knew About Me/Should Know About Me/Already Knew But Forgotten About Me/Better Know or Else...


Number One.
I am only child. Never had siblings. I guess I'm pretty well adjusted to the solitude and lack of people around. But hey, I like my little family.

Number Two.
I know several iconic dances. Not iconic per say, just really popular ones, however shitty they might be. This includes:
  • Soulja Boy
  • Thriller
  • YMCA
  • The Chicken Dance
Throw a party and I'll show you what I can thrown on the dance floor baby ;)

Number Three
I like partying. 'Nuff said.

Number Four
I once stole a story book from a book fair in my school when I was seven. I think I still have it somewhere at home.

Number Five
I write poetry. It's rather difficult to comprehend someone as boisterous and obnoxious as me has the soul of a poet, but hey, Bush was president, anything is possible.

Number Six
I have a rather diverse and eclectic taste in music. It ranges from the Beatles to Coldplay, from Josh Groban to Stereophonics, from Eric Clapton to Lady Gaga. As long as it has lyrical and musical value, I'll listen to it.

Number Seven
This is a real honest one. Even if I'm a Muslim girl, I have trouble accepting the whole "women are the weaker sex" thing everyone is trying to impose onto me. It's a rather difficult concept to grasp, that women cannot be leaders, having to be almost subservient to men. It's a debatable topic but what I believe in, yes, we have different responsibilities but in the matters where women are just as competent as men, I don't see a reason why women should be brushed off as the more inept gender.

I'm done :)

Okay, I don't know 15 bloggers BUT I'm just gonna tag those whom I know haven't received this award.

1 comment:

prastanta said...

Soulja Boy has the most ridiculous dance. SHAME ON YOU!