Monday, June 29, 2009

Holier than Thou.

It's 4 am and here I am blogging...

Argh, insomnia really is kicking in each day since I left for Malaysia from Egypt couple days back.
Oh, and I've been bored crapless.

Something exciting better happen in the next few days, or I'll blow my brains out.

I guess this is the curse of a medical student...

Underneath that studious exterior, if you take away all the books, all the late-nights, all the study notes and all the lectures, you're left with a sad little*okay maybe not little* girl, who has no purpose in life but to be engulfed by suffocating boredom.

Basically, I can't wait for class to start again.

On another note,

I have something to share with my readers...

As many may know, I've decided to wear the hijab or more colloquailly known as the tudung full time now, and insyaAllah, it'll stay that way.

I've changed I guess, and I thank God I've finally found my time, my so-called calling, my hidayah :).

However, there are still people who have not adhered to this mandatory Islamic requirement and I respect that.

I respect that everybody are at their own pace to self discovery. Some are faster than others while some are late bloomers.

Whatever.
As long as their goal is the same that is:

Self discovery.

What I absolutely, utterly, totally, completely cannot stand is the narcissistic nature of being holier than thou.

I swear, that kind of mind set will KILL a religion.

Baby recently complained about an incident that happened in Nusantara *an Indonesian restaurant near our house in Mansoura* where she and Shabby were practically publicly humiliated by a group of so called ustazs/unwanted Islamic social reformers.

Okay, Shabby doesn't wear a tudung.

So what?

Does that give you the right to get on your high horse, take out your moral compass and say crap like...
"Awak rase awak mati macam mane?"

"Api neraka dah membara-bara menunggu sebab gambar kat Facebook tak pakai tudung"

Eh, tolong sikit okay.

I'm so sick and tired of these so called "pembasmi maksiat" troopers that go around telling girls who don't wear the hijab that they are going to hell.

Who on earth are you to tell us what God thinks of us?

If they don't wear the tudung and is aware that it is a sin, that's their problem.

They don't need ne'er-do-wells like you to preach about responsibilities they already know about.

I mean, I can honestly say I've met a few people out there who try to preach religion to the world WITHOUT being exceedingly annoying or aggravating.

You wear a hijab/niqab/burqa/taqiyah, you pray excessively, you make countless trips to the mosque and yet you backbite and gossip about the sinners and hell-goers.

Excuse me?

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (49: 12)

Yes, I know my Quran too.

So please,

If you don't know how to convey your message to others tactfully, don't.

If not, people will just start losing faith, in you, in society, in humanity and basically life itself.

You might have the holiest of objectives, but how you convey it matters.

What you think you're doing is preaching but in truth, it's public mortification, destroying the pride of the others and making others even more hateful of this religion...

...The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

4 comments:

prastanta said...

seriously, i like this post. :)

mstraysm said...

Me too! Suka suka! :D Oh Naz, Aku sayang kau! *bayangkan muka ko ckp "euwwwwww"* hahahaha :D. naz,ada cerita.nanti ym. :)

faisal said...

naaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzz
miss youuuuu
I CALL PUKUL 7 TAK ANGKAT! hahahah
BILE NAK JUMPE NIIII?
you boleh jumpe dkt mane? me and pika basically can go anywhere. cause you live in kl. if i want to ask you to go jauh2 takut u tak boleh pulak. so where shall we meet? call or sms me tau.

lots of love,
faisal.

p.s : awesomeeeeee times infinity post! mannn i love to see you say that to their faces. seriously

mstraysm said...

cyeeeeeeeeeee.rinduuuuuuuuuuuuu. :(