Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's Okay.

When I was still a wee lass in high school, I was mostly the observer.

I was never the instigator in a fight nor was I the perpetual victim of teenage angst, well mostly cause the whole boy drama thing didn't really unfurl for me (go figure), which let us be frank, is the main reason why girls fight.

... And gossiping is excluded, cause well, everybody does it.
Even testosterone-raging boys.

Back to the point. From my 5 years of harrowing through all the melodrama, the theatrics, the peer pressure, I've realized something.

That one something I wish someone had sat me down and explained to me, would've saved me the melancholic heartbreak of growing up.

To the little younglings of this blog, heed this. I'm gonna try to hold your hand while you experience just the beginning of the surprises life has in store for you.

Just remember one thing that will always be the last spoken advice in every little predicament you're in.

It's okay.

It's okay to be that one person who's not in sync with everyone else.
You failed a paper? Single when everyone else is not? It's okay. Everything will turn out alright, you're seemingly eternal shame that has embedded itself within your core will fade away.

It's okay if you feel left out from your circle of friends.
Friends come and go, and your need to adhere to the most influential person you know too will vanish, displaced by a growing respect and love for yourself. It's difficult to understand now, but you deserve so much better.

It's okay to say no.
Your belief is what make you unique. It builds your character and it shapes your soul. And to lose that freedom, it'll be the biggest tragedy to befall mankind. Hold on to your stance in life. Never ever feel like you have to compromise yourself to be anything. Cause life is too short for you to live for somebody else.

It's okay to love and live.
What are the teens years without puppy love? Always be willing to take the plunge. Cause not taking that dive is what regrets are made of. And if you get out hurt and broken, don't worry. There's always someone out there who's gonna mend you. I promise.

Last but not least...

It's okay to laugh at yourself.
Seriously. Your pride will be the death of your juvenility and to bury your inner child will be a sad day to endure. Your cheeks might flush a bit, your story might be fodder for reunion dinners but it's a small price to pay for a good laugh and more importantly, a perpetual smile on your face and in your heart.

This is to commemorate me turning 20. The big two-oh baby. This is the part where usually people whine about being old and decrepit. But I'm not gonna worry too much. Why?

Cause it's okay.
Cause everything's gonna be okay.

4 comments:

Shazarina Bakti said...

definitely one of the best post and,

YOU THE BEST!

sorry for the other day, was really pissed and annoyed. but you should know that i love you still!

Nazeera Nasir said...

Hello Bakti.

Awww, thank you. It's been on my mind for quite some time now. But you know me, lazy as hell

Pictures will be up SOON. :)

I love you and your posh self too.

Iman. said...

Hello!

Yes, I would be honored to be linked to your blog. I hope Egypt is treating you well!

Iman

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.