Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Third Year, Baby.


My lack of a religious immediate response aside.

YES!

Goodbye facial nerves!
So long internal capsule!
Screw you corticobulbospinal tracts!
Burn limbic system!

*If I do turn out to become a neurologist or neurosurgeon, please don't bring up this post*

So, as (un)expected, I (barely) passed semester 4. Thank you God, seriously.

And thanks to everyone and anyone who's helped me through, lending me their notes, pushing me to study, inspiring me to make an effort and letting me copy in the exams (thanks AIMAN! :P)

I can already smell the wafting scent of satay roasting over red hot coals, hear the sounds of char koay teow being fried over voluminous,roaring flames and taste the very first bites of freshly steamed dim sum.

Oh Malaysia, how you will clog my arteries and leave me connected to IV drips and ECG machines by the time I'm 45

... But that's why I love you so much. Like a parasitic lover hacking away my health and money :)

I miss the tall buildings of Kuala Lumpur, all the rude yet sentimentally valued people of the Malaysian streets, the eternally air conditioned malls, the crisp image on the first Agong on our ringgit bills, the lush blend of cultures and the humid heat that makes Malaysia, well... Malaysia.

But most of all, what I look forward to is being with those whose voice and rapport kept me through times of utter distraught and melancholy,
With those whom I've turned to for support in times of obvious struggle,
With those whose words were never harsh,
With those whose love was never barren or dry,
... And with those whom have blurred the lines between family and friends.

It's gonna be good being home.


7 comments:

brobanova said...

BEST2!!! excited biler I baca!!!

Nazeera Nasir said...

KAN?
Malaysia <3!

Syukri, when are you going back?

mstraysm said...

CONGRATS NAZ! :D

Nazeera Nasir said...

Thanks Ya :)

Excited nak balik!

Unknown said...

so pass la ye? congratz! ;)

Nazeera Nasir said...

Aah, pass Alhamdulillah. Thanks Naim :)

Unknown said...

wuhoo, so maknenye.. leh beli la 'that' thing? :D