Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dear Dr. Amal Fathy,

Greetings Doctor,

This is in regards of what happened today. You know, the utter humiliation I endured while you chastised me in front of a whole classroom filled with my colleagues when I did nothing apparently wrong but a mere side discussion REGARDING your X-Ray which I thought was a too miniscule of a problem to be discussed in your esteemed presence.

Sure, it some context, I am at fault for talking while you yourself were explaining something to an Egyptian student but me expressing my own interest in the topic that you have been divulging about is not a crime that should be punished in a group of my own associates.

If my minor offence is deemed a crime deserving of capital punishment, I would like to bring your attention to the fact that my so called abomination is practiced by every other Egyptian student there are.

Each and every one.

So me being singled out, out of the hundreds that have committed the same crime, in lectures, in everybloodywhere I say that's discrimation of the highest degree.

You might not evidently dislike me because I'm Malaysian, but your nitpicking sure does paint a whole mural of prejudice.

And by the way, if you are wondering why I creating such a havoc with my side chatter, I was just telling my other friend how the wedged area is a necrotic tissue due to an infarction.

And I was right wasn't I?

But I chose not to argue with your cause I am trying to portray this image of feminity and shed my boisterous, argumentative ways.

Oh, how much I wanted to bicker with you, in front of everyone, but who loses at last?

Me.

Cause I'll be known as the girl who fights authority, the girl who's unfit to be courted, the trouble maker and disrespectful to her elders.

Maybe you were having a bad day, but having it manifest into this shallow and stoic attitude will not do any of us any good.

You'll probably have a laugh about it and will it atone to anything besides a few chuckles?

I am not your subordinate for you to dictate whether I can talk or not.

I am not your superior for you to drop to your knees and apologize.

I am however a student yearning to be taught, opening my heart and soul to this while you are my doctor, who's suppose to be the epitome of reliability and trust.

Guess, that's gone now.