Sunday, February 22, 2009

Three Cheers to Menstruation!

It's been almost a week since I found out about my results.

A mere jaid.

They have this system of rankings;
Mumtaz, Jaid Jiddan, Jaid and Makbul

So a Mumtaz is an A+, a Jaid Jiddan is an A, a Jaid is a B and a Makbul is a C.

C is the passing mark by the way.

As I scoured through the result sheet, I couldn't help but also *happen* to *glance* or check ferverishly for other's results.

For the most parts, I could feel sadness/anger/dissapointment building up within me because well... a lot of people got higher than me. A lot!

I think it's enough to fill a country of smart people *which shall be called Smartopia or Geniustan*. With visitations from the neighbouring dumbass countries like Averagesia and United Mediocrity.

Okay, I'm digressing. Anyways, there was a lot of people who scored better marks than me and that got me thinking.



Am I dumb? Unlucky? Didn't receive the rezeki? or didn't study hard enough?


Denial told me that I was pretty much doomed to mediocre results for the rest of my life but self honesty decided that I just didn't study hard enough.

I prefer the last statement cause well... I'm not God :)
We just started semester 2.
So far so good :)

I've devised a plan to study and all, even posted up motivational quotes
*one said "John Hopkins Awaits Dr Nazeera Nasir MbbCh" and each time I look at it, I pretty much get a mental orgasm*

The topic this week was about Pregnancy and Embryology. It's pretty well laid out topic, the only dishearterning part was the fact we had to find out own objectives.

It was bad enough that we had to do the the objectives they have gave us last sem but to come up with our own was HARD.

I should go right now, cause I need to study so that I can go home and fall in love with Malaysia all over again.


Seriously, you have no idea how lucky you guys back home are.


BTW.

I got my period.
Thank the high heavens.
For a moment there I thought I was pregnant or menopausal.

and since nobody will touch me with a ten foot pole.

I often thought of the latter.

No comments: